Tuesday, December 14, 2010



Question by Kristina R: What are some strategies writers can use in editing and proofreading their work?

What are some strategies writers can use in editing and proofreading their work?




Best answer:

Answer by Rachel
I tend to leave my work over a 24 hour period, until thoughts are fresher, because this gives me a new eye to edit my work. Then starting at the beginning and working my way through I look for awkward words which don't read easily, as my writing is important to my readership. I read out loud any areas of doubt to see if they sound right. If I haven't described something right, I try and find another way to do it. I spellcheck, grammar check and when I am happy I submit to my Helium.com account.





Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment